Enterasys X8-C Chassis.
X8-C Input/Output Modules
The Matrix X8-C supports Input/Output Modules (IOMs) which perform all system packet
forwarding. The X8-C provides eight slots to install the IOMs.
Physical connectors for these Ethernet IOMs include:
• Single and Multimode Fiber (SMF, MMF), 10-Gigabit Form Factor Pluggables (XFP)
• SMF/MMF, 1-Gigabit Form Factor Pluggables (SFP)
Supported transceivers for XFP and SFP connectors are:
• Serial MMF at 850 nm wavelength with a 65-meter (213-foot) reach
• WWDM (Wide-Wavelength-Division Multiplexed) and MMF at 1310 nm wavelength with a
300-meter (984-foot) reach
• WWDM and Serial SMF at 1310 nm wavelength with a 10-kilometer (6-mile) reach
• Serial SMF at 1550 nm wavelength with ranges up to 80 kilometers (49.7 miles)
• Copper, 1000BASE-T 1.25 GBd at 1550 nm wavelength with a 100-meter (328-foot) reach