Cisco NPE-G2, COUCACWCAA, 68-2588-04, 73-10329-04 Network Processing Engine G2.
The Cisco NPE-G2 addresses the demand for performance and flexibility by further increasing its processing capacity and helping enable the latest Cisco IOS ® Software features.
With the introduction of the Cisco NPE-G2, the following is offered:
• Provides double the performance compared to the Cisco 7200VXR NPE-G1-up to 2 million pps in Cisco Express Forwarding
• Offers three 10/100/1000-Mbps copper Ethernet ports and optical ports that do not consume any bandwidth points
• Provides one dedicated 10/100-Mbps copper Ethernet port for management
• Provides two USB ports for general storage and security token storage
• Offers 1 GB of DRAM memory by default; post-FCS: Optional upgrade to 2 GB DRAM
• Eliminates the requirement for an I/O controller
• Extends the use of the available I/O slot for a single port adapter or a Cisco 7200VXR VPN Service Adapter (part number C7200-VSA) (when available)
• Offers greatly improved price/performance ratio