Cisco NPE-400 800-07874-03 Network Processing Engine for Cisco 7200 NPE-400
The Cisco 7200 offers a variety of options for customers looking to maximize value for specific applications in their network. The Cisco 7200 Series NPE-400 offers customers tremendous value for key applications including customer premise equipment (CPE) and DS1/DS3 aggregation. Key benefits include:
• Performance of up to 400 kpps in CEF switching
• Processor modularity and upgradeability
• Increased Cisco 7200 value proposition
COMPATIBILITY OF THE NPE-400
The NPE-400 is supported on the Cisco 7200 Series VXR chassis.
The NPE-400 is supported on the following Cisco 7200 Series I/O controllers:
The NPE-400 is supported in 12.1(3A)E, 12.1(5)T1, 12.0(14)S, and later Cisco IOS ® releases.
KEY FEATURES OF THE NPE-400
Hardware and Software Features
• 350-MHz RM7000A RISC processor
• 4 MB L3 cache
• 128 MB SDRAM default memory (expandable to 512 MB)
• 16 MB packet memory on 128/256 MB SDRAM and 32 MB packet memory on 512 MB SDRAM
• ECC support