Brocade VDX 6740 Layer 3 Switch - Manageable - 48 X Expansion Slots - 10gbase-x - Uplink Port - Modular - 48 X Expansion Slot - Optical Fiber - 10 Gigabit Ethernet - 48 X Sfp+ Slots - 3 Layer Supported - 1u High - Rack-mountable.
The Brocade VDX 6740 (Figure 1) offers 48 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) SFP+ ports and four 40 GbE QSFP+ ports. Each 40 GbE port can be broken out into four independent 10 GbE SFP+ ports, providing an additional 16 10 GbE SFP+ ports. In addition, the switch features low power consumption, consuming 1 watt per 10 GbE port.
Brocade VDX 6740 switch provides the advanced feature set that data centers require and deliver the high performance and low latency virtualized environments demand. Together with Brocade VCS Fabric technology, the switch can simplify network design and operations for a more automated and efficient network, offers the flexibility needed to easily scale networks, delivers the intelligence to more effectively manage Virtual Machine (VM) mobility and rack density, as well as provides a cloud-ready infrastructure.
Advanced Features to Transform Data Centers
Data centers continue to evolve, creating a need for an infrastructure that can support growth in Virtual Machines (VMs), distributed applications, and data, as well as the transition to cloud-based computing—without compromising performance. The Brocade VDX 6740 and the Brocade VDX family of switches deliver the performance, flexibility, and efficiency essential to modern data centers, including cloud and highly virtualized environments.
The Brocade VDX 6740, 6740T, and 6740T-1G are all Ethernet fabric Top-of-Rack (ToR) switches that support a demanding data center environment. The Brocade VDX 6740 series of switches provides the advanced feature set that data centers require while delivering the high performance and low latency virtualized environments demand. Together with Brocade data center fabrics, these switches transform data center networks to support the New IP by enabling cloud-based architectures that deliver new levels of scale, agility, and operational efficiency. These highly automated, software-driven, and programmable data center fabric design solutions support a breadth of network virtualization options and scale for data center environments ranging from tens to thousands of servers. Moreover, they make it easy for organizations to architect, automate, and integrate current and future data center technologies while they transition to a cloud model that addresses their needs, on their own timetable and on their terms.
- Transforms networks to deliver cloud scale, agility, and operational efficiency with Brocade data center fabrics
- Supports 1, 10, and 40 GbE options for optimal flexibility and scale
- Meets today's application demands with high performance and low latency
- Delivers line-rate throughput for all ports and packet sizes
- Fits into any data center design by leveraging 10 GbE/40 GbE uplinks, Ports on Demand (PoD), and Capacity on Demand (CoD)
- Maximizes network availability with efficiency and resiliency
- Supports storage environments with advanced flexibility
- Select your architecture of choice to address your network needs and protect your investments
- Save time and resources with elastic, self-forming, and self-healing fabrics
- Deliver optimal low-latency support for east-west traffic with per-packet load balancing at Layers 1, 2, and 3
- Deliver advanced storage networking with improved performance, management, security, span of control and connectivity for FCoE, iSCSI and NAS