Cisco HWIC-4SHDSL, IPUIA04RAA, 800-27311-01 4-pair G.SHDSL HWIC with IMA support
Platforms supported: Cisco 1841, 2801, 2811, 2821, 2851, 3825, and 3845
• Based on ITU Recommendation G.991.2
• Offers symmetrical WAN speeds up to 2.304 Mbps over a single copper pair and up to 4.608 Mbps over two copper pairs using ITU-T G.991.2 Annex A and Annex B
• Offers symmetrical WAN speeds from 768 kbps to 5.696 Mbps over a single copper pair and from 1.536 to 11.392 Mbps over two copper pairs using ITU-T G.991.2 Annex F and Annex G
• Offers symmetrical WAN speeds of 2.304 Mbps per pair up to 9.2 Mbps over four pairs on the 4-pair HWIC (part number HWIC-4SHDSL) by bonding with IMA Version 1.1
• Provides M-pair bonding on the 4-pair HWIC (HWIC-4SHDSL) using Annex F and Annex G with symmetrical WAN speeds of 768 kbps to 5.696 Mbps per pair for M = 2 and 768 kbps to 4.096 Mbps per pair for M = 3 and M = 4
• Supports Wetting Current (Section A.5.3.3 of G.991.2)
• Supports G.SHDSL Annex A (U.S. signaling) and Annex B (European signaling)
• Supports "Dying Gasp" on HWIC-2SHDSL; uses power status bit (section 184.108.40.206.3 of G.991.2) for signaling
• Offers ability to configure multiple G.SHDSL HWICs per Cisco 1841, 2800, and 3800 Router chassis
• Provides toll-quality voice over data through ATM Adaptation Layer 5 (AAL5) and voice over IP (VoIP) on the Cisco 1841 ISR and the Cisco 2800 and 3800 Series ISRs; note that embedded voice services with digital signal processors, voice and fax modules are supported only on the Cisco 2800 and 3800 Series ISRs.
• Offers extensive ATM class-of-service (CoS) and IP quality-of-service (QoS) support
• Sustains up to 8 permanent virtual circuits (PVCs) per HWIC
• Provides single RJ-11 connector on 2-pair HWIC (HWIC-2SHDSL) and single RJ-45 connector on 4-pair HWIC (HWIC-4SHDSL)
• The 2- and 4-pair G.SHDSL HWICs are supported on all modular Cisco Integrated Services Routers: the Cisco 1841, 2801, 2811, 2821, 2851, 3825, and 3845.
• The 2- and 4-pair G.SHDSL HWICs are supported in all Cisco IOS® Software feature sets.
• The routers listed previously need to run Cisco IOS Software Special Release 12.4(11)XJ to support the 2- and 4-pair G.SHDSL HWICs. They will also be supported on the Cisco IOS Software Release 12.4(6th)T and later.
• The system requires no additional flash or DRAM memory other than the specified minimum memory for the previously mentioned Cisco IOS Software releases.
• The 2- and 4-pair G.SHDSL HWICs can be inserted into any HWIC slot in the integrated services routers.