Cisco N3K-C3048TP-1GE Nexus 3048TP-1GE 1RU 48 10/100/1000 Mbps and 4 10Gbps ports Switch Includes 2 DC Power Supplies
- 48 fixed 10/100/1000-Mbps Ethernet ports
- 4 fixed Enhanced Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP+) ports
- Locator LED
- Dual DC power supplies
- Fan tray with redundant fans
- Two 10/100/1000-Mbps management ports
- One RS-232 serial console port
- One USB port
- Locator LED and button
The Cisco Nexus 3048 provides the following main benefits:
- Wire-rate Layer 2 and 3 switching
- Layer 2 and 3 switching of up to 176 Gigabit per second (Gbps) and more than 132 million packets per second (mpps) in a compact 1RU form-factor switch
- Robust and purpose-built Cisco NX-OS operating system for end-to-end Cisco Nexus fabric
- Transparent integration with the Cisco Nexus family of switches to provide a consistent end-to-end Cisco Nexus fabric
- Modular operating system built for resiliency
- Integration with Cisco Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) and XML management tools
- Comprehensive feature set and innovations for next-generation data centers
- Virtual PortChannel (vPC) provides Layer 2 multipathing through the elimination of Spanning Tree Protocol and enables fully utilized bisectional bandwidth and simplified Layer 2 logical topologies without the need to change the existing management and deployment models.
- Power On Auto Provisioning (POAP) enables touchless bootup and onfiguration of the switch, drastically reducing provisioning time.
- Cisco Embedded Event Manager (EEM) and Python scripting enable automation and remote operations in the data center.
- Advanced buffer monitoring reports real-time buffer utilization per port and per queue, which allows organizations to monitor traffic bursts and application traffic patterns.
- The 64-way equal-cost multipath (ECMP) routing enables Layer 3 fat tree designs and allows organizations to prevent network bottlenecks, increase resiliency, and add capacity with little network disruption.
- EtherAnalyzer is a built-in packet analyzer for monitoring and troubleshooting control-plane traffic and is based on the popular Wireshark open source network protocol analyzer.
- Precision Time Protocol (PTP; IEEE 1588) provides accurate clock synchronization and improved data correlation with network captures and system events.
- Full Layer 3 unicast and multicast routing protocol suites are supported, including Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Routing Information Protocol Version 2 (RIPv2), Protocol Independent Multicast sparse mode (PIM-SM), Source-Specific Multicast (SSM), and Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP).
- Network traffic monitoring with Cisco Nexus Data Broker
- Build simple, scalable and cost-effective network tap or Cisco Switched Port Analyzer (SPAN) aggregation for network traffic monitoring and analysis.